Business Development Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Development Manager is responsible for communicating ThreeFive’s vision and capabilities to the marketplace and engaging clients and prospects in a consultative manner to provide the best ThreeFive products to fit the prospective client’s needs leading to sales. Responsibilities include researching, initiating, and developing new business relationships for the Company by targeting qualifying prospects for all Firm service lines. This position will collaborate with the management team and will be responsible for developing, meeting and monitoring the sales plan established with the management team.
Integrity, focus, perseverance, sales and marketing expertise, team player, strong work ethic and commitment to customer service and quality.
This job is located on Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis, MN.
Base salary commensurate with experience, plus commission (not capped)
Attractive Benefit Package
Duties and Responsiibilities:
- Identifies, researches, and pursues prospects to generate new business for ThreeFive.
- Makes cold calls and maintains contact with prospects and clients through telephone, e-mail, and mail.
- Manages telemarketers and other contractors that may be assigned to deliver the sales plan.
- Meets with prospects regarding potential engagements.
- Builds and maintains key relationships with significant prospects.
- Maintains and keeps the sales database current.
- Attends tax conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
- Develops responses to requests for proposals.
- Provides support to deal negotiations, contract development, and due diligence.
- Understands products with sufficient depth to be able to discuss product offerings with prospects.
- Works as part of the ThreeFive team to provide support and input to the growth and strategic direction of the Company.
- Manages the sales function and plan to ensure goals are met or the plan is modified proactively to stay on track with the sales plan.
- Utilizes Internet tools and other tools to research opportunities for prospects and clients (LinkedIn, Business Journals, etc.)
- Stays current on tax issues that may create sales opportunities with prospects and clients.
- Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, engagement letters, etc.).
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recruits for technical expertise.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years of relevant experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® products, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This job has limited supervisory responsibilities of contract resources hired to support the sales plan.
Please apply to Steve Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.